21 May, 2007

Leaving Lucy (part two)

When last I left you, Lucy and I had just arrived in Colorado. Unfortunately, my time estimate for my arrival was off by about two hours and Rod and Marcia, my gracious hosts, were out for brunch. After a few minutes of laying in the car and some much needed toenail clipping, Lucy and I decided to check out the neighborhood. I was very impressed by suburbia and happy to see so many households with dogs of their own. It was a little creepy, however, that every house incorporated brick and the entire neighborhood was fenced in, save for the few entrance/exit points.

After about an hour, Rod and Marcia returned home and Lucy and I got acquainted with our new digs. I couldn't be happier with the situation Lucy is moving into (except, of course, if she could somehow come with me). The house and yard are huge and I have no doubt she will have no problem with shortages on things to entertain her. On Monday, she even found her very first snake skin! As for Rod and Marcia, I can tell they both very much love dogs and have a deep respect for animals. They both mentioned how they appreciated Lucy's loving, sweet side as well as her intellect. You have no idea how comforting it is to know those seemingly small details.

On Monday, I met up with a friend from Cornell. Brooke recently moved to the Denver-area and was kind enough to drive across town after work to come and have dinner with me. We went to this restaurant/bar; I had the chicken taco salad. The oddest happening of the evening was a storm that produced tornado warnings, hail that collected on rooftops and looked like snow, and rain that was blowing at 35-40 degrees off perpendicular. My hosts said they had never seen anything quite like that since they lived in Kansas. Beyond the weather, though, the dinner was lovely. I hadn't seen Brooke in nearly a year and always enjoyed her company. The weird thing about our friendship: although we both started at and graduated from Cornell at the same time, we really only started spending any time together during the spring of our senior year. Anyway, I'm certainly glad to have spent the time I have with her. It's always very refreshing to be in the company of someone who is so clearly intelligent, yet also understands that compassion and understanding should be at the center of our lives and decisions.
That is to say, someone who's primary concern is not always immediate gratification.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello all
http://www.emotionhotkey.com/ - zithromax no prescription
It helps in treating middle ear infection, strep throat, pneumonia, and tonsillitis in children.
[url=http://www.emotionhotkey.com/]zithromax z pak[/url]
Zithromax works great in case of children as well.
zithromax pills
There are numerous brand names of Zithromax by which it’s popular in the market and they are Azithromycin 3 Day Dose Pack, Azithromycin 5 Day Dose Pack, Zithromax Z-Pak, Zithromax TRI-PAK, Zithromax, Zmax.