21 May, 2007

Leaving Lucy (part three)

Tuesday morning marked the time for me to be getting ready to head back home. After a nice lunch at Masala, fine vegetarian Indian cuisine, I packed up my bags, said my goodbyes, and heading out the door for the next 1/2 day of sitting behind glass, staring at the same scenery go by time and time again: tree, field, field, field, field field, tree, field, field, field, field field, tree, field, field, field, field field, etc. I did have a lot of time to think on this drive, as one might imagine. I began to think of Lucy and all the wonderful times we'd shared--when she'd get right in my face, smile, and begin licking me obsessingly; when she'd want a belly rub so badly she'd nudge against my hand and roll over onto her back; or when she'd always jump up and down everytime she saw my car approaching the house. It's hard to leave a best friend behind; it's even harder when you know that you cannot even explain to her why you're doing what you're doing. I do admit that I feel tremendously guilty that Lucy might think I abandoned her. I hope she can somewhat understand; I love my dog so much.

Peace, Love, and Happiness,
Brian

No comments: