10 May, 2007

El Fin

Tonight was my last night working at Godfather's Pizza in the gold old "K." It feels amazing to know that I will never again work there. Although I will miss certain people, the attitude in that place is overbearing with hostility/resentment (tonight, I swear I actually cut the tension with a knife) that I have no doubt starts with the owners and trickles down. The sad thing is--or was, to be more appropriate--that I know some how, some way I was tangled up in a lot of the drama; what I don't know: why/what I did (other than being upset about not getting a raise a few months back--it'd been over two years since my last one and they wouldn't even listen to what I had to say; I think that's just cause to be upset). I do have to say that that place should consider themselves lucky that I am leaving, or I might have had fun writing some letters.

So now that I'm done with the "complaining about that place" aspect of this blog, I'll move on to the events of the evening. I mostly did dishes and bussed tables for the hour and 1/2 I was worked tonight, but the evening started with me bowing to one knee and ceremoniously handing in my keys to Kate, my now former assistant manager; she chuckled (I will miss you, Kate). The highlight, however, was at the end of the night. I turned in my other shirt, put my name-tag up on the bulletin board in the office and ripped off the work shirt I had been wearing and walked out. So liberating! I then proceeded to drive around for 1/2 an hour while listening to Phish play me into 1996.

Now, if you don't mind, I'm off to take my beautiful dog, Lucy, on a walk.

Peace, Love, and Happiness,
Brian

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great to see you last night, Brian! Lucy is so sweet and those eyes...beautiful. Have an awesome time in Moldova and keep your faithful readers (aka desk job lackeys) entertained!

hugs,
Brooke