28 May, 2007

...and Mahoney's

Driving straight into town from Bella Luna, we rolled up to Mahoney's with little time for dawdling around. My dear friends, make that family, in Hunab greatly honored me by letting me help make up the set list for the show. It was one of best shows of theirs that I have seen. Luke even commented that it was a great one. The bar was packed throughout their entire show. And even at the end of three sets, the crowd absolutely demanded an encore. I don't understand how so much cheering could come from such a small bar. It was sad for the evening to end, but a relief too. I was so tired and even cashed out on the short ride from CR to IC. Luke and the band were kind enough to let me spend one more night with Grannie Blanch and in the morning I said my goodbyes. The drive back home was nice, but so hard. Having time to reflect is great, but being forced to confront the reality of not seeing people you care so much about for a relatively lengthy period of time is, well, not fun. More about friends later though. I think right now it might be a little too emotionally taxing.

Peace, Love, and Happiness,
Brian

No comments: