16 September, 2007

Philadelphia

Philadelphia was a lot of fun. There were 34 of us volunteers and we were put up in a swanky hotel and each given some $230 to use as we see fit. The days were filled with long sessions of getting to know one another and getting an overview of the Peace Corps in general. My first full night in town, I went to the Les Claypool concert at the Electric Factory (amazing venue). Sadly, I was only able to manage to convince one other volunteer to come with me, but one is better then none. The show was amazing, to say the least. I believe that Sherik (sp?) was there (although I couldn’t tell because I wasn’t near that side of the stage), as well as Gabby La-La playing an amplified sitar (sweet!!!!). The truly incredible part: Les played the show with a broken finger. Now that’s talent, especially when one considers that I didn’t know this fact until he told us.

No comments: